Float through the basalt rock canyon of the lower Rio Grande into the lush, peaceful Orilla Verde State Park. This relaxing 2-3 hour float is perfect for younger children and adults seeking a relaxed, scenic voyage. There are spots along this section of the river that are suitable for swimming.
Some like to funyak this trip during low water for a more adventurous trip and challenging workout.
April 1st - September 15th
Guide, Gear, Transportation, and Snack
- Morning Trip: 9:00am
- Afternoon Trip: 12:30 p.m.
*Please meet your river guides promptly at the appropriate meeting location.
- Adult: $53.00
- Child: $40.00
* Child: 12 and under
* Group rates available for parties of 10 or more
* Guide gratuity appreciated!
*Cottam's Rio Grande Rafting reserves the right to raise the minimum age limit depending on water levels.
Terms & Conditions
- Trips operate rain or shine.
- No-shows receive no refunds under any and all circumstances, including those who arrive after scheduled departures.
- It is your responsibility to locate and arrive on time at our meeting location.
- Cottam's Rio Grande Rafting is not responsible for personal property both on the river and off.
- All participants must wear our personal flotation device (life jacket) at all times on the river.
- All participants must read and sign our Acknowledgement of Risk Waiver and Release Form.
Please note that whitewater rafting is a natural adventure that we cannot fully control. No whitewater trip is free of risk. Risk typically increases as river classification (difficulty rating) increases. Please consider your capabilities when selecting a trip. We recommend that non-swimmers and those looking for minimal risk participate in our Orilla float trip.
Reservation & Deposit Policy
A 50% deposit is required to secure your spot on the trip of your choice. Reservations booked within 48 hours of departure will be collected in full. We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express to hold and guarantee your reservation. Availability is first-come, first-served. Save time by requesting a trip online
Weekends and holidays tend to book quickly. Reserve early in order to get the date and trip you want!
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellations made more than 14 days prior will receive a refund of the deposit minus a service charge of 25% of the deposit. Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the trip will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the trip forfeit 100% of the trip cost. Reschedules are $60.00 regardless of reason.
We reserve the right to cancel any trip due to weather conditions, river levels, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond our control, in which case a full refund will be given. We cannot be responsible for other expenses.