What To Bring
- Swimsuit/shorts & T-shirt
- Soft soled shoes or secure sport sandals (no flip-flops)
- Sunglasses with a retaining strap
- Towel and change of clothes for your ride home
Other optional items...
- Cash to tip your guide
- Hat or visor
- Wool or synthetic socks
- Water bottle
- Waterproof camera
For marginal weather...
- Wool or synthetic sweater (polar fleece)
- Long underwear (synthetic or silk)
- Warm hat
- Wetsuits are welcome if you have your own
Please avoid wearing cotton for river clothing, as it makes you colder when wet. Quick dry clothing such as non-cotton shorts, T-shirts, or bathing suits are recommended.
If you wish to bring a camera it is recommended that you purchase a single-use waterproof disposable camera. Personal cameras are not recommended on the Rio Grande because of the many rapids. Remember that every river trip is captured by professional photographers.
What We Supply
- Certified and experienced river guides
- High performance rafts
- Coast Guard approved flotation devices
- River splash gear (upon advanced request)
- Transportation to and from meeting location
- Snacks and beverages (lunch included on full day trip)
- Professional photographers take group portraits and action photos of every trip